Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eating 80% at every meal

I have not been able to regularly work out since I hurt my back last year. The obvious result of this of course has been 4 kilos of fat in all the wrong places. I have resumed working out mid Jan this year. For a while I struggled with different work outs - primarly lost the habit of getting to the gym. Work outs were not enjoyable, appetite was not good - I wouldnt want to eat - but would eat anyway. Before and after a meal didnt feel any different in terms of satiation - just discomfort.

So I made a couple of changes:-

First was to make it a habit to get up at 5 AM everyday. I used to do it before hurting my back. But after I couldn't even walk, I used to sleep later and awake even later - sometimes as late as 9 AM. So making the change to 5 AM was a task - but that was the only thing I focussed on. Not really worrying about working out or anything else. Just waking up at 5 AM. Been doing it consistently for the last 3 weeks now.

Since I have been waking up so early, I have been able to fit in 3 -4 workouts a week now. That is making a big difference to my timing and my appetite. I feel hungry on the clock and when I finish eating I feel sated and not uncomfortable. For the last 2 weeks though I have also got into the habit of eating only 80% at every meal. Basically its just a case of being conscious of what I am eating and stopping when I feel just about to become full.

My weight has dropped from 76.5 to 74.5. Lets see if I can hit my current goal of sub-74 - I think I will.

Until next time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see you back Sandy! good luck! george

Unknown said...

Go Sandy !!! I am rooting for you here. The goal is to get some fun workouts again this August.